COLUMBUS, OHIO – It can often be time-consuming, and sometimes even a bit awkward, but checking on references for window installers is a key element to selecting the best person to do work on your home.
After you’ve narrowed your choices down to several contractors, don’t be afraid to connect with every reference on the potential installer’s list. “The more people you speak with, the better you’ll understand your potential contractor and his work ethic,” says Matthew Minerd, with Simonton Windows. “It’s in everyone’s best interest for you to fully understand the scope of the project, what an installer can do for you and past experiences other customers have had with the contractor before deciding who will replace your windows.”
Minerd recommends having a list of questions in hand to ask reference referrals. This makes it easier for you to cover key topics that are important to helping you decide on which contractor to hire. Several questions he suggests asking include:
- Did the installer and his workers show up on time?
- Did the installation crew keep the jobsite clean?
- Did the crew remove all trash in a timely manner?
- Would you recommend this installer to family members?
- What made you happiest about using this installer?
- What made you unhappy about using this installer?
- Was your project completed in the timeframe quoted?
- Did the installation crew respect your home and your property?
- Were you satisfied with the completed work?
- Were there any unexpected costs? If so, what were they?
- Would you personally use this installer again?
- What one thing would you change about this window replacement experience if you could to make it easier on yourself?
- Can I visit your home to see the completed job?
About Simonton Windows
Simonton Windows has been ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Doors, Four Years in a Row. Tied in 2013.” by J.D. Power and Associates. Simonton produces ENERGY STAR® qualified vinyl replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products.
Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2013, 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards administered by LBM Journal Research Institute.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver the industry’s shortest, most dependable lead-times. Part of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products throughout the United States and North America. Simonton is a Founding Sponsor of The Weather Museum, a Lifetime Founding Sponsor of the Lead Safe America Foundation, and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686) or visit www.simonton.com.
Simonton Windows received the highest numerical score among window and door manufacturers in a tie in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2010-2013 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction StudiesSM. (Tied in 2013). 2013 study based on responses from more than 2,554 consumers measuring 11 brands and measures opinions of consumers who purchased new windows or patio doors in the previous 12 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences an perceptions of consumers surveyed in January – February 2013. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
ENERGY STAR is a government program that helps consumers protect the environment through superior energy efficiency and is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.